StatCounter

Monday, September 12, 2016

Let us begin.

Hello world,

For a long while now, I have not wanted to start a blog. To be quite honest, I'm still not quite sure that I've changed my mind.

Perhaps this blog will disappear in a few days (though of course, as we're constantly warned, "Nothing ever disappears once it's been on the internet!"). Or, perhaps I will actually become comfortable with putting my words and thoughts out on a public shelf that others can see, reach, and take bits of my personal writings down from.

In either case, I hope that any who browse my shelf will peruse, ponder, and possibly even enjoy whatever they may read. And, if they feel so inclined, feel free to invite other friends into my little nook in the world wide web.

This may be one of the rare times I'll post in an editorial sense, as I'm mainly intending to use this blog as a way to learn courage- to share poetry I write with any eyes other than mine, in a format other than my private, locked away journals. Letting others look in on my poems has been a strict no-go so far, but as someone recently told me, "That's going to have to change."

So while I'm here, I'll just say this: please feel welcome and free, practice openness and kindness, and please allow yourself to use your voice without fear. (Furthermore, know that I'm still learning and struggling to apply these ideas, too.)

Happy Monday, everybody. Fingers crossed that I'll actually publish this post, and more to come- wish me luck!


3 comments: